It was winter time at my family’s cabin in Lake Tahoe, California. The painted red wood siding and evergreen metal roof were barely visible through the freshly dropped snow. Our quaint little cabin was nestled at the bottom of a mountain on the North Shore, and had been an annual family gathering location since its purchase by my mother’s parents in 1963. While we spend every summer and almost all summer in Lake Tahoe, we have spent a few memorable holidays in this cabin, trying to stay warm by the original wood stove built with the house in 1953.
The most memorable of times at this cabin have been with my forever best friend, Sarah Caporusso, who was and still is invited every year up to the cabin. Sarah and I have grown up together since the age of one, and have shared infinite experiences with one another. My earliest of memories was during an especially snowy winter at the cabin. We could not have been any older than four, yet my mother decided she would strap us into ice skates regardless of our motor skill level. At the top of Squaw Valley, in a rink that seemed absolutely massive back then at a height of three feet, Sarah and I clutched to one another for an hour. When one of us fell on the slippery ice, sure enough the other followed closely behind.
By the end of the day, our hands were sore and our lips chapped.
This is a great story! I couldn't agree anymore. I also have a friend that I have grown up with since kindergarden and it's crazy how one little moment can turn into a million more memories. You used a lot of good detail and I was able to get a visual of what was actually happening.
ReplyDeleteTo answer your question...I have been playing softball for about 13 years...but started tee ball at a very young age. I was looking at your pictures and saw that your friends with Lindy...Tony, who im sure you know, went to school with my boy friend and I met Lindy through them playing baseball together!
Friendships are very imortant and you are very lucky to have kept one this long. Those are the friends that you hold on tight to.
ReplyDeleteI like how your friendship with your best friend means so much to you. I'm almost jealous of you that the two of you have been friends for so long. It's very rare, especially with girls ha ha. Anyway, nicely done and I'm looking forward to reading your next post :)
ReplyDeleteNice blog! I don't know really what to say that wasn't covered. Friends are good, especially keeping ones that are long lasting. The one thing I have to comment on is that it could just be a little more fluid. Besides that it was a very nice story...Props
ReplyDelete