Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cell Phone

Deleting
I am bored out of my mind at the airport. When in the heck is my plane going to be here… there is no way I can re-read this Us Weekly for the third consecutive time. There is only so much Angelina versus Jennifer I can take. So, out of complete boredom, I begin to scroll through my phonebook… WHO is Taylor Allen? WHO is Jessica Nolan? Delete. Delete. I successfully rid my cell phone of more than twenty unknown numbers dating back to high school. It felt wonderful.

Han Solo
Class had just begun, and while sitting in Psychology, diligently taking notes, I had forgotten to do one simple thing before class started… Daaa Daaah Dad ah dah… silence my stupid phone. Aside from the obvious awkward fumbling and searching for my phone amidst my cluttered bag in a dead silent 300 person class, my ringer could not have been more embarrassing. The Daa Daaah Dad ah dah is the theme song from Star Wars. Yes Harrison Ford is my weakness.

Smack.
I am quite possibly one of the biggest klutzes I know, and with that in mind, it is no surprise how I managed to not only back into a telephone poll, but break my cell phone during the same situation. I was leaving the barn for the day, and had to park in a different area because the parking lot was flooded from a previous storm. Apparently, before entering my car, I had somehow managed to forget my phone on the roof of my car (why was it on the roof of my car, I don’t know). Smack. A new rear bumper, a new cell phone.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mimi,
    Nice work. I loved the Star Wars ringtone story. Also the way you made the reader think through the process of deleting unknown names was funny--and relatable. I don't think I picked up on any real grammatical errors. Very good. Quite entertaining.

    P.S. My last entry about the boyfriend and the surprise was fictional. It was just something I thought would be fun to write about :)Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mimi,

    I think that everyone has had their cell phone go off in a room full of people in the dead of silence. So i think most people could relate to that, except me... :( which is sad in more ways than one. You did a very good job i found no errors that distracted me from the text. Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete